Sea Scouts Winter Training (Catoctin)
December 23, 2015
The mission of the Sea Scout Winter Training Weekend is to help Sea Scouts advance in ranks through courses in specific seamanship and boating skills and to improve the ability of adult leaders to effectively guide and mentor the Scouts.
In addition to the rank training tracks, we continue to offer elective optional tracks for senior sea scouts in small sailboat sailing, small boat handler, and seal preparation. Particular note is the Small Boat Handler course which upon completion provides the Sea Scout with the VA Safe Boating certificate (required by VA/MD law) and a Boat Handler uniform pin and certificate.
Courses are organized by Sea Scout rank as described in the 2011 Sea Scout Manual, and cover topics such as safety, boat handling, communication, marlinspike seamanship, environment, and piloting and navigation. Other courses include “Small Boat Handler,” the “Virginia Safe Boating” course, special topics, SEAL preparation, and adult training.
REGISTRATION OPENS JANUARY 2016
Pending changes to the NCAC Website – we are waiting to determine which system will be used.
- When: Fri-Sun, February 26-28
- Where: Camp Round Meadow, Catoctin Mountain Park, 14840 Manahan Road, Sabillasville, MD 21780
- Cost: $50 (Full Program) $25 (Day Program Only)
- Course Director: Todd Skiles
- Boarding Manual Published: October 15, 2015
- Instructor Submissions due: December 1, 2015
- Registration Begins: January 15, 2016
- Registration Closes: February 14, 2016 or when capacity reached.
|Boarding Manual: 2016_Sea_Scout_Winter_Training_Weekend|