- Colin Livingstone Instructions
- Colin Livingstone Challenge Questions
- Colin Livingstone Response Cards
The hike medal, and hike patches, will be available for purchase after being successfully earned by completing 85% or more of the activities associated with the hike. You will have the opportunity to redo activities if needed, in order to qualify you for your medal. There are only 3,000 Inaugural Medals available to hikers, once this number is reached, you will only be able to purchase a regular medal.
Our NEW Online Store is up and running! When you complete the HOST hikes, you can purchase the patches and medals online or at the Marriott Scout Service Center at 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814.
Where does it start?
The Livingstone HOST Hike starts near the National Zoo, north of the Taft bridge.
Where do we end?
All endpoints are near Metro Center Metro station and also only a short walk to Gallery Place China Town station and Archives Navy Memorial stations for easy access to every color Metro line.
What to bring on the hike?
Each hiker (including adults) should have:
- Two pencils or pens
- A camera (each hiker must be able to take 6 photos individually, sharing is okay, cell phones with cameras are fine)
- Full Uniform (if you have one)
- A watch (any kind)
- One empty plastic bag (supermarket type)
- Appropriate weather gear and water bottle
- Curiosity and sense of adventure
You’ll need at least one of these for the whole group:
- Small magnifying glass
- One crisp $10 bill (for one of the clues – you keep it)
- Binoculars (Recommended)