Baden Powell Hike
This 7.2 mile hike takes most units 4 to 6 hours to complete and the route takes you from the FDR Memorial on a historic trail by the Smithsonian Museums, behind the Capitol, and follows the path up Pennsylvania Ave. of the Suffrage parade.
The hike medal and Baden Powell CSP will be available for purchase after being earned by completing 85% or more of the activities associated with the hike. You will have the opportunity to redo activities if needed.
Our NEW Online Store is up and running! When you complete the HOST hikes, you can purchase the medals online or at the Marriott Scout Service Center at 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814.
Where does it start?
The Baden-Powell Hike starts at the FDR Memorial and all challenges lead you to additional stops.
Where does it end?
All endpoints are near Metro Center Metro station and also only a short walk to Gallery Place China Town station and Archives Navy Memorial stations for easy access to every color Metro line.
What to bring on the hike?
Each hiker (including adults) should have:
- Two pencils or pens
- A camera (each hiker must be able to take 6 photos individually, sharing is okay, cell phones with cameras are fine)
- Full Uniform (if you have one)
- A watch (any kind)
- One empty plastic bag (supermarket type)
- Appropriate weather gear and water bottle
- Curiosity and sense of adventure
You’ll need at least one of these for the whole group:
- One crisp $1 bill (for one of the clues – you keep it)
- Small magnifying glass
- One crisp $5 bill (for one of the clues – you keep it)
- Binoculars (Recommended)