This page is the home for Commissioner Training activities in NCAC. It is overseen by Jon Baake, ACC for Training, and Jeff Schweiger, ACC for IT/Webmaster and Commissioner Training Coordinator for Virginia Central Service Area.
Commissioner training courses are held throughout NCAC. NCAC has implemented the 2012 changes in the national commissioner training program. To be considered completely trained all commissioners are expected to complete Commissioner Basic Training (CBT) as well as position specific commissioner training (DC/ADC, RTC/Assistant RTCs).
Here's the current training schedule:
Commissioner Basic Training (CBT):
- November 16, 2013 - VA Central/George Mason Flyer **New**
- January 11, 2014 - VA South/Mattaponi **New**
- February 8, 2014 - VA Central/Patriot **New**
- May 3, 2014 - VA Central/Colonial **New**
CBT Instructional Materials
The following files provide assistance in delivering NCAC Commissioner Basic Training (CBT).
District Commissioner/Assistant District Commissioner Basic Training:
- October 12, 2013 – Montgomery SA (Was September28) Flyer
- March 22, 2014 - VA Central/Colonial **New**
DC/ADC Instructional Materials
- NCAC DC/ADC Slide Deck version 1.1 (This slide deck was developed by NCAC and contains the material in the new National Council DC/ADC training deck, plus additional material that the NCAC Commissioners Staff has determined should be received by all District Commissioners/Assistant District Commissioners.)
Roundtable Commissioner Basic Training:
University of Scouting – TBD
College of Commissioner Science:
- 2013: Held March 9, 2013, 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Wise High School, Prince Georges County, Maryland. For more information including course materials check out the College's homepage.
- 2014: A Commissioner's Conference will be held March 8, 2014 in lieu of a College of Commissioner Science. Details will be forthcoming.
Do you have comments or suggestions for the NCAC Commissioner Training Webpage? Contact Webmaster/ACC Jeff Schweiger at firstname.lastname@example.org.