This page is the home for Commissioner Training activities in NCAC. It is overseen by Jon Baake, ACC for Training, and Jeff Schweiger, ACC for IT/Webmaster and Commissioner Training Coordinator for Virginia Central Service Area.
Commissioner training courses are held throughout NCAC. NCAC has implemented the 2012 changes in the national commissioner training program. To be considered completely trained all commissioners are expected to complete Commissioner Basic Training (CBT) as well as position specific commissioner training (DC/ADC, RTC/Assistant RTCs).
Here's the current training schedule:
Unit Commissioner Basic Training (CBT):
- May 2, 2015 - VA Central (Patriot) Flyer **New**
- August 29, 2015 - Three Riversl (Zekiah - Waldorf) **New**
- September 19, 2015 - VA Central (Colonial)
- September 26, 2015 - Montgomery SA (Senaca -Gaithersburg) **New**
CBT Instructional Materials
The following files provide assistance in delivering NCAC Commissioner Basic Training (CBT).
- 2015 NCAC CBT Slide Deck Version 3.1 (This slide deck was developed by NCAC and contains the material in the new National Council CBT training deck, plus additional material that the NCAC Commissioners Staff has determined should be received by all unit commissioners) (Updated April 2015).
District Commissioner/Assistant District Commissioner Basic Training:
- October, 2015 - Montgomery SA
DC/ADC Instructional Materials
- NCAC DC/ADC Slide Deck version 2.2 (March 2015) (This slide deck was developed by NCAC and contains the material in the new National Council DC/ADC training deck, plus additional material that the NCAC Commissioners Staff has determined should be received by all District Commissioners/Assistant District Commissioners.)
Roundtable Commissioner Basic Training:
Commissioner Training For New Unit Service:
College of Commissioner Science:
- 2015: Held March 14, 2015, 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Go to the Commissioners College page for further details.
Do you have comments or suggestions for the NCAC Commissioner Training Webpage? Contact Webmaster/ACC Jeff Schweiger at email@example.com.