The COPE Program
What makes COPE "special"? How is COPE different than traditional high adventure activities (e.g., Lenhock'sin, Philmont, Northern Tier, Sea Base)?
- COPE is a challenge course, not an obstacle course
- Participants work together to compete against obstacles, not participants, to acheive goals
- Everyone can win (and all could lose); no one wins without effort and change
- "Challenge by Choice (tm)" means participants may opt out of accepting a challenge
- Thrilling experience, not thrill "ride"
- Safety (physical, emotional, spiritual) is everyone's job
- Experience is customized to group's needs and abilities
- The staff facilitates; the group leads
In summary, COPE is practice for life. It includes opportunity for personal assessment. Other High Adventure venues will give you memories and mementos, but COPE will give you insights and tools you can use at home, at school, at work throughout your life.
As the Program Manager for the COPE project in NCAC, I'd like to hear from you, our customers.
What can our staff do for you, your unit, and your unit leaders?