National Youth Leadership Training
2014 Course Dates
(All courses will be held at the American Legion Youth Camp at 9201 Surratts Road, Cheltenham, MD)
22 - 28 June
13 - 19 July
27 July - 2 August
(Registration will be up in February 2014)
NYLT 2014 FLYER
What is NYLT?
NYLT (Impeesa) is the National Capital Area Council’s presentation of the National Youth Leadership Training. The objective of our NYLT program is to equip our young people with leadership skills to help them succeed in their scouting program and in LIFE. NYLT brings together scouts from all over the Council to learn and practice the leadership techniques in a risk free, scout friendly environment. The Scouts learn and practice leadership skills and styles together.
The course is presented primarily using a Boy Scout model as the vehicle which allows all attendees to SEE how leadership skills fit into the scouting program. These Leadership skills are applicable to all scouting programs.
Why Have NYLT?
While it remains the responsibility of the unit leaders to train the youth leaders, this course is designed to supplement the adult leaders’ role in the training process. NYLT skills build on the fundamental leadership skills presented in the unit basic leadership training in their home unit. This training conference has six specific objectives:·
- To give participants the confidence and knowledge to run their unit.
- To give participants the most contemporary, successful, and useful leadership tools available and allow them to "experiment” with them to help them better relate these skills to their unit responsibilities.
- To give participants the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other scouting programs.
- To create an atmosphere where Scouts will experience Scouting at its best.
- To enhance the relationship between the participant and their adult leaders.· To have fun!
Remember, "Scouting is a game with a purpose.” — Baden-Powell