Wanted: Experienced Scouter Leaders!
Would you like to spend weekends relaxing at camp and enjoying the great outdoors?
Would you enjoy observing Scouts and leaders as they enjoy camping at Camp Snyder?
Would you enjoy the camaraderie of other Scouters in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere?
Become a Campmaster!!
WHAT DO CAMPMASTERS DO?
The Campmasters will provide Commissioner Corps functions with the following goals:
- Greet, check-in, and guide arriving units to their assigned campsite
- On behalf of the Camp Ranger, assist units with set-up needs
- Suggest program and camp resource ideas to unit leaders
- Provide program support to unit leaders as needed or called upon. (This could be an opportunityfor you to share your specialty skill, merit badge or talent to add to the unit’s program).
- Counsel unit leaders in the use of the patrol method
- Be available to unit leaders and the Camp Ranger throughout the week-end to help with whatever needs arise
- Assist units with a smooth check-out
- To minimize vandalism and property damage
QUALIFICATIONS TO BE A CAMPMASTER
- Be registered with the Boy Scouts of America
- Have had experience as a unit leader
- Wood Badge Trained (optional)
- Have completed Youth Protection Training within the last 2 years
- Be able to relate well with people
- Attend a Campmaster training orientation
- Be willing to serve under the direction of the Council Campmaster Coordinator
- Be willing to spendtwo or three assigned weekends at Camp William B. Snyder
and carry out the above duties
In return for your service, the council will provide free accommodations for the weekend, a special Campmaster hat and recognition in the council newsletter.
Are you interested?? Download an application by clicking HERE!
Email your completed application to Bill Schoonmaker