The Boy Scouts of America observes Scout Sunday and Scout Sabbath during the month of February. However, there is no established BSA National Scout Jumah at this time. Instead, the National Capital Area Council (NCAC) Islamic Committee in Scouting has designated Friday, March 29th, 2013 to be Scout Jumah to take advantage of Spring Break and thus the availability of Scouts to be present for Salaatul Jumah.
For Muslim Scouting units, a suggested program consists of the following:
- Service Project - Cleaning up trash all around the Islamic Center. The time spent will count towards Service Hour Rank Requirements.
- Full Uniform - Please proudly wear your uniform to demonstrate Scout Spirit.
- Popcord Sales - Please be prepared to help man the Popcorn Sales Table
- Scout Display - Please be prepared to help setup and man the Scout Display which will consist of a model campsite (Tent, Firepit, Chuckbox, and Dining Area) and Scout material.
- Recognition by the COR after each Salaat of the Scouting program and/or a khutbah that discusses the importance of Scouting to Muslim Youth.
- A Scout Jumah Patch is being developed and will be awarded to all Scouts who participate fully in Scout Jumah (Uniform, Service Project, Scout Display/Popcorn Sales). If your unit would like to receive the patches, please contact the NCACICS.
Be a part of this inaugural event! It will be used as a model to submit for National BSA Recognition.