Welcome to the Goose Creek ARC Webpage!”
The National Capital Area Council (NCAC) made some changes recently in website service providers, resulting in the redesign and reformatting of all sub-sites within. As such, much of what was provided at the Council subcommittee and district level is changing. If you do not find what you need, please ‘come back again’ … it may be something that will be completed soon.
Goose Creek Advancement & Recognition Committee (ARC)
District ARC Chairman: Brad Scales
Eagle Scout Advisers: Ed Thiede, Mark Keefe, Tonia Chagnon, Stephen Hess, Kurt Struder, Brad Scales, Deanna Solomon, Michael Blaylock and Tom Hayes.
Special Needs Scouting: Claudia Wolfson
Function of the ARC
Operating within, and under the auspices of the Programs Committee in Goose Creek, the function of the district Advancement and Recognition Committee is to motivate and train unit leaders and unit committee members in the advancement program. It attempts to accomplish this by …
- Helping units establish an active advancement program, through training, communications and 1-on-1 mentoring.
- Providing assistance in Eagle Scout advancement, including the review of records and participation on Eagle Boards of Review.
- Providing recognition to district Scouters. (derived from BSA Pub#33088)
At the Council level – and for or many years in Goose Creek – this Committee was also responsible for the major elements of the Merit Badge Program – recruiting, training and certifying merit badge counselors and for publishing lists of counselors. A few years ago, appreciating the size of our district, and the importance of this function to the Scouts and Scouters within, this function was moved ‘up a level’ and reports directly to the Vice Chair of Programs. That webpage can be accessed here.
However ... Until there is more Merit Badge information to post on that webpage, this page is the practical place to store such. To that end, what we have at this time is ...
- Goose Creek Merit Badge Counselors Listing (sorted by badge, as of Sep 2013)
Update: The merit badge counselor listing is temporarily unavailable. It will be made available again as soon as possible.
To ensure consistency between the information and forms accessed by users of our website, many of the links offered within are best done by directing the reader to the real source material.
National Advancements Team – General Resources:
- You may have noticed that the new 2013 & 2014 Eagle Scout Rank Applications (ESRA) contain a third page. This is an optional page, and should NOT be submitted to Council. The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) wanted a way to maintain contact with new Eagle Scouts and this appeared to be the best way to start the process.
- The third page does not affect the processing of the ESRA.
- In fact, this third page is OPTIONAL – completed at the discretion of the Eagle Scout Candidates, and/or his parents). As such, the third page must not be sent with the ESRA for certification.
- It must also not be included in the Eagle Scout Package. It is a voluntary form provided by NESA and should be sent directly to NESA, by the Scout’s family.
- National Advancement Team - Resources
NCAC Advancements & Recognition Committee Resources:
The NCAC ARC website is one of those that is undergoing significant restructuring and is currently unavailable. Once re-established, you can expect to find – among other things - links to the following
Contact Advancement Chairman Brad Scales with questions or for more information. Note if your need is time-critical (i.e. you need a quick/brief response today, try my work email here. Otherwise, I will respond to your request as quickly as I can upon gaining accessing my home email.)