Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Website Issues   |   Sign In   |   Register
Zekiah General Forum
Group Home Group Home Group Pages
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
International Scouting 0 K. Phipps    Passport DC Embassy Days & Youth Ambassador Program   Greetings, Scouters!   In a chance meeting at the Marriott Service Center -- you know how that goes -- a member of the International Committee mentioned this program to me, so I feel compelled to help publicize it. This is an experience that is totally unique to the NCAC area. -- nowhere else in the country do Scouts have this kind of ready access to international embassies. Both of these items are available elsewhere on the NCAC website -- I just wanted to present it to our district, on one page.   1) Passport DC Embassy Days, Saturday, May 2 & May 9, 2015, 10AM - 4PM, $10 for passport & patch Once a year the diplomatic community from around the world throws open the doors of the various Embassies, Consulates and Missions for the public at large to stop in and visit. The "Embassy Days" are coordinated by Passport DC and take place on Saturday May 2nd and May 9th. There is no associated cost and no need to register. Activities range from informal tours of the grounds, to local food, music and culture. It's a great family event and wonderful for Scouts looking to get a little international flavor. Participating nations on May 2nd span the world while European nations make up the bulk of the May 9th participants. For a full list of which nations are taking part, a map of the city and more information as to specific activities, check here, or visit the Passport DC website here.   2) Youth Ambassador Program Run by the International Committee, Scouts aged 14-20 can become Youth Ambassadors, representing BSA on the International level. If you have Scouts interested in exploring the worldwide Scout movement, they may want to look into this. This might also be a great forum for those Scouts who have lived overseas or may be moving overseas. A slideshow is available here.   3) International Awards There are a number of awards available for Scouts and Scouters who bring the international flavor to Scouting. They're on scouting.org, obviously, but also conveniently listed on the International Committee's homepage.    
by K. Phipps
21 hours ago
Zekiah District Organization - 2015 0 Z. District The attached .PDF shows the various Zekiah District positions, who is currently filling them and which positions are open. If you are interested in helping at the District level, please contact Jim Thomas at: jim.thomas20640@gmail.com   YiS Zekiah District
by Z. District
Monday, February 16, 2015
Certificates of Insurance 0 R. Davidson Hello Scouters!   For many of you this will be routine, but for some this is new.   Many of your units have meetings at locations that require a Certificate of Insurance.  All COI’s run from March 1st to March 1st and therefore are set to expire at the end of the month.   We now have approval to begin printing new COIs for 2015 – 2016.  If you need a COI please fill out the attached request form and get it back to me.   A few notes – If the event is a regular event such as a Den Meeting please write, weekly Den Meetings under dates Your Charter Organization does not require nor will they get a COI.  Their insurance coverage is done through their Annual Agreement Contract.  I can’t give them a COI because that doesn’t apply to them as a Charter Organization. The certificate holder is the organization requesting the certificate.    Please let me know if you have any questions!   Thanks for all that you do!   Wes Haynes  |   Western Shore and Zekiah District Director BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA National Capital Area Council
by R. Davidson
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Georgetown Basketball Scout Day Info - March 7th! 0 Z. District Dear Scouting Leaders,   We are happy to announce discounted tickets are on sale for Scout Day at Georgetown Basketball on Saturday, March 7th at thenoon game vs. Seton Hall. The game will be held at Verizon Center in downtown DC (601 F Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20004)   The first 150 scouts in attendance will receive a commemorative Georgetown Scout Day Patch. After you order your tickets, please email me at cdg44@georgetown.edu to reserve the patches for your group!   You can order two ways:   Online: 1.       Visit Ticketmaster.com/Georgetown 2.       Click on ‘see tickets’ for SETON HALL GAME 3.       Enter Offer Code: SCOUTDAY 4.       Select blue section where you would like to sit.  5.       Click on seat you would like, select  6.       ‘SCOUT DAY offer’ price 7.       Proceed through checkout. 8.       After Purchase email cdg44@georgetown.edu to reserve your patches Over the Phone: ·  For large group orders, please call the Georgetown Ticket Office at 202.687.4692. ·  After Purchase email cdg44@georgetown.edu to reserve your patches   A flier describing the event is attached and posted below. After the game, feel free to tour one of DC's great museums and historical sites.   Any questions please let me know.   Thanks and Go Hoyas!   -- Nathan Marcus - Graduate Marketing Assistant Athletic Marketing Office|3700 O ST, N.W. l Washington, D.C. 20057 W -(202) 687-6581l F -(202) 687-3981lNM707@GEORGETOWN.EDU Click Here To Buy TicketslWeAreGeorgetown.com
by Z. District
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Scout Sunday Patches 0 Z. District Patches for Scout Sunday are available for order. Cost is $2.00 per patch. See the attached order form.  
by Z. District
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
District Calendar Planning 0 Z. District Zekiah District will host their annual calendar planning meeting on 27 Jan 2015 from 7-9 PM. Please see the attached flyer for more information. All units are invited to attend.    YiS Zekiah District         
by Z. District
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Easy No Risk Fundraising for Scouts and Explorers 0 Z. District The attached flyer is for form for the 2015 Camp Card sign up.   YiS Zekiah District
by Z. District
Saturday, January 10, 2015
Zekiah District Friends of Scouting & Mary Thompson Endowment 0 Z. District Please see the attached flyer about the Zekiah District Friends of Scouting and the Mary Thompson Endowment.  YiSZekiah District  
by Z. District
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Now Hiring Camp Staff Counselors 0 Z. District Hello! Growing up in Scouting the most defining part of my teenage years were working at camp staff out at Goshen.  It refined my leadership and built up my confidence, independence, work ethic, and teaching skills.  Everything I am today has been influenced and made better because of the experiences I had on camp staff.  It better prepared me for collage, the work force, and to be a Volunteer Fire Fighter.  I never would have stayed in Scouting, become an Eagle Scout, or gone to work for the Boy Scouts without this experience. From a Troop point of you the best a unit can do for a camp and make it better is to take ownership and provide your Scouts the opportunity for the experience of a life time. Please share and promote the attached flier for your Scouts and Venturers who are at least 15.     Wes Haynes  |   Western Shore and Zekiah District DirectorBOY SCOUTS OF AMERICANational Capital Area CouncilMarriott Scout Service Center9190 Rockville PikeBethesda, MD 20814C 301-943-8376
by Z. District
Sunday, December 14, 2014
NCAC Campership Forms 0 Z. District NCAC Campership Forms
by Z. District
Thursday, December 04, 2014
Northern Tier 0 Z. District Northern Tier is switching to a lottery system  effective January 6th for 2016 regular reservations, plus NCAC is looking for interest for NT provo treks in 2016.
by Z. District
Wednesday, December 03, 2014
Peer to Peer Recruitment card 0 R. Davidson Hello everyone, NCAC is promoting two recruiting programs for your packs.  First, October is ‘Wear Your Uniform to School on Tuesdays’.  Ask your cubs to wear  their uniforms to school and help promote your Pack’s Cub Scout program.  AND, attached, please find a Peer to Peer Recruitment card your boys can hand out to their friends at school.  One on one recruitment always has been THE most effective means of attracting new youth to scouting! Please let me know how it works for you and, as always, I am here to help just let me know. YiS, Geoff
by R. Davidson
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal