Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Website Issues   |   Sign In   |   Register
Zekiah General Forum
Group Home Group Home Group Pages
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
2014 Chairman Challenge 0 Z. District As we move into Spring, our units look forward to preparing for their summertime program. In a few months, as they go off to camp and participate in other unit activities, the youth will celebrate their accomplishments earned over the year and they will have an opportunity to apply their new knowledge and skills. It is the responsibility if the unit Key 3 - Chartering Organization Representative, Committee Chairman, and Unit Leader – to set the expectation that the unit will plan and execute an effective spring recruitment program.See the attached flyer for more information.YiSZekiah District
by Z. District
Tuesday, April 08, 2014
Join Scouting Night 0 Z. District Good Evening All,I hope all is well.  I wanted to catch everyone up with what’s going on from the Council down to the District for Join Scouting Events.I need to make sure every pack gets this information so please respond to me that you got this and let me know if you have any questions that can’t wait until April RT –·         Council Recruitment Events April 5th – 12tho   On April 8th at the Blue Crabs Stadium in the Legacy Room the District will a run recruitment event 7-8pm.  Flyers have been distributed to most elementary schools promoting this event.  Pizza will be served to our guests.  Anyone who would like to be present please contact me directly via email. Blue Crabs have been exceptionally helpful with this project.  Apps will be taken and distributed based on school/ locations/ nights/ etc. and app passed on to a unit.  NO money will be taken at this time until they have chosen a units. We encourage units to participate in this event to grow their program.o   The Council will be doing some addition marketing to promote this time frameo   Every youth recruited around this week will be entered into a contest to win tickets to an upcoming National’s Baseball Game·         April 9th – District JSN AND Pack Membership Chair Orientation – PLEASE HAVE YOUR UNIT MEMBERSHIP CHAIR OR ANOTHER UNIT REP PRESENT.  Your unit success depends are your involvement.o   6:30-7:30 before RTo   We’ll hand out JSN boxeso   Review good practiceso   PLEASE COME WITH A MAY JSN DATE FOR YOUR PACK ALREADY APPROVED BY THE LOCATION§  Why do we want JSNs in May?·         Kindergartners can be processed in early June, just in time for Day Camp and any other summer pack events·         Spring sports are either over or ending (you don’t want to recruit in the middle of Soccer season J )·         Families are still looking for summer camps such as ours!·         It gives you three months to recruit a Tiger Den Leader·         Our May JSNs are why we’ve had such huge Cub Scout growth, let’s keep growing!·         This is the time, let’s not miss out!·         May – Unit JSN’so   Again it takes about two weeks to get fliers made and two the schools and they need to get the schools about 1.5 – 2 weeks before the JSN.  I need the dates no later than April RT.o   Again, if you can get me in for a Cafeteria Talk – AWESOME!  Best practice is to get the ok from the school and I’ll call and work out a date.§  We know Cafeteria talks can up triple the response to a JSN the first time we do it!§  Hopefully some of the BSA Adopt-a-School programs can help get more of these in place! More information discussed at April RT.§  Let me know if you have any questions  about theseo   On the 9th we’ll go over how fliers are not enough to recruit youth alone.  For right now, be on the lookout for opportunities in the schools and communities to market our JSNs.§  Attached are some suggestionsPlease let me know if you have any questions that you need answered before April RT.  I’ll send out another reminder as we get closer.  Please start planning to make sure someone attends the April 9th Orientation at 6:30!Yours in Scouting,Geoffrey ThomasBOY SCOUTS OF AMERICANational Capital Area CouncilMarriott Scout Service Center9190 Rockville PikeBethesda, MD 20814C 301-861-6461E geoffrey.thomas@scouting.orgwww.NCACBSA.orgwww.NCACBSA.org/zekiahFollow us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/NCACBSA
by Z. District
Friday, April 04, 2014
2014 BSA Contingent Trips 0 Z. District Please see the attached flyers for BSA’s National Contingent to the Caribbean Jamboree and the Iceland International Jamboree, both held in 2014. Please nominate Scouts, Venturers, and leaders that will be good representations of the BSA. Nomination forms are available atwww.scouting.org/international/BSAContingent. The Scouts/Venturers and leaders not chosen by the selection committee will be kept on file for future international trips. Thank you,Lisa CristianoBOY SCOUTS OF AMERICAInternational
by Z. District
Friday, February 07, 2014
Peer to Peer Recruitment card 0 R. Davidson Hello everyone, NCAC is promoting two recruiting programs for your packs.  First, October is ‘Wear Your Uniform to School on Tuesdays’.  Ask your cubs to wear  their uniforms to school and help promote your Pack’s Cub Scout program.  AND, attached, please find a Peer to Peer Recruitment card your boys can hand out to their friends at school.  One on one recruitment always has been THE most effective means of attracting new youth to scouting! Please let me know how it works for you and, as always, I am here to help just let me know. YiS, Geoff
by R. Davidson
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal/Privacy