| || |
Appalachian Trail & Catoctin Mountain Districts…
Forestry Merit Badge Day
The Frederick County Forestry Board developed a Forestry Merit Badge Day for area Scouts. The Merit Badge Day helps Scouts complete their Forestry Merit Badge in ONE day, while taking advantage of the unique insight and understanding of Forestry Board experts who manage Frederick County’s urban and rural forest resources.
The Merit Badge Day is broken into 5 Stations to cover the Forestry Merit Badge Requirements:
· Station #1: Tree Identification (id local tree, shrub, & vine species)
· Station #2: Wood Station (growth patterns, tree damage, and wood species)
· Station #3: Ecology (conservation, habitat, economy)
· Station #4: Watershed Management
· Station #5: Forester Station (w. Maryland State Forester leading discussion)
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Registration due by SEPTEMBER 20th (first 100 Scouts limit).
Pre-requisite information will be sent to registered Scouts only.
Full information on location, what to bring and registration form: HERE
Questions? Contact Melissa Udbinac, firstname.lastname@example.org