Merit Badge Counselor Training
From 9:00 AM until 11:30 AM
Map this event »
Stonewall Middle School
10100 Lomond Drive
Manassas, Virginia 20109
Why should you attend MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR TRAINING?The merit badge counsellor is a key player in the Boy Scout advancement program.
- As a merit badge counselor, you can play a vital role in stirring a Scout's curiosity about a particular topic.
- Just think: Your hands-on involvement could inspire a Scout to develop a lifelong hobby or pursue a particular career.
- Most importantly, without trained Merit Badge Counselors, a scout cannot advance in the Scouting program.
Who should attend MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR TRAINING?
- All current Merit Badge Counselors needing a refresher
- All those planning to become Merit Badge Counselors
Merit Badge Counselors are the key to success in the merit badge plan.
They offer their time, experience, and knowledge to help guide Scouts in one or more of the 130 merit badge subjects.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the aims of Scouting, the BSA advancement process, and the merit badge counsellor's role.
2. Know a merit badge counselor's duties and responsibilities to the BSA and the Scout.
3. Understand and complete the requirements to be a registered merit badge counsellor with the BSA.
4. List some methods of counseling and coaching.
5. Successfully guide a Scout through the merit badge process.
You must register online to take part in this class. Space is limited.
« Go to Upcoming Event List