We are planning to learn about their culture, songs, games, food, and much more – not only through hearing about it, but also by getting involved in it. We are going to provide some Piscataway recipes for your meals and see what unit best prepares the meals. Friday night after your camp is established, we will start with a welcoming campfire where your learning will start. Saturday morning after your breakfast we will have an introduction to the Piscataway and your day’s events, including a tour through the museum. Saturday night we will have another campfire where we will practice some of the things we learned during the day and hear some Piscataway “campfire” stories. Sunday morning right after breakfast we will do our Duty to God and learn about the spiritual Piscataway. We need at two adults per attending unit to be assigned to our staff to help run this event
We will have a large open field for camping, fresh potable water and porta johns are available on the site. Please plan to carry out all of your own trash.
Individual registration is required for each adult.
Youth may be registered in groups of 5, 10, or individually. So if you have 18 scouts you can purchase 1 Ten (10) pack, 1 five (5) pack and 3 individuals for a total of 18 scouts.
we hope this helps to make registration easier than in the past.
Here are directions to the WOD CAMPOREE; will take you about an hour, depending on traffic.
1. From New Hampshire Avenue and the Beltway Take I-95 South (Inner loop)
2. MergeMD-5 S.EXIT7AWaldorf. ***NOTE*** EXIT 7 A & B are ONE exit from the beltway that then splits into two directions. Stay in the left lane of the exit and take Exit 7 A - MD-5 SOUTH toward Waldorf.
3. After about 12 miles, TurnleftCedarville Rd (Before you turn 7-Eleven is on the corner on left side of the road and a big WAWA gas station is on the right side)
4. Pay Attention - After a few blocks, you will need to Turn Right in order to stay on Cedarville Rd. The road changes from a larger divided road to a 2-lane road after you make the turn.
5. After about 1.3 miles, TurnrightCountry Ln