Click here to return to the Goshen Social page.
Dear Goshen Leaders,
We want to ensure that you are up-to-date on the latest information about your upcoming summer experience at Goshen Scout Reservation. Please see below for the answers to this week’s most frequently asked questions:
- Have I missed the registration deadline? How do I register my Scouts and additional Leaders?
- You have not missed the deadline. We are still working with our developers to ensure that the program that we roll out meets all of our needs and is user-friendly. Once the registration portal is open to general registration, an email will be sent to all unit registrars.
- My Scout will not bridge over to a troop until after March. How will I ensure that we don’t miss out on our spot?
- Although our reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis, we will be holding a few spots for each unit in anticipation of bridging Scouts. Families are also encouraged to let their troops know of their summer camp intentions so that the unit registrar is able to begin the registration process.
- When will the Leaders’ Guide for 2014 be available?
- Your Goshen Team is working very hard on updating the Leaders’ Guide. It is our intent to have a general Leader guide with appendices for each of the Camps so that there is one location for all available information. The first draft version will be available to participants at the University of Scouting on February 22, 2014. The subsequent draft will be complete by February 28th.
- What is the ratio of Scouts to Leaders at Goshen?
- The preferred ratio for Camps Ross and PMI is 5 scouts : 2 Adult Leaders. More Leaders are welcome to attend and are invited to divide the week with their counterparts. Of course, parents and Leaders of Scouts who need more constant supervision are welcome to attend. Please remember that we also encourage carpooling and that a 1:1 ratio should only be used when absolutely necessary.
- The preferred ratio for Camps Marriott, Bowman, and Olmsted is 8 Scouts : 2 Adult Leaders. At Lenhok’sin the preference is 2-3 Adult Leaders per crew.
As always, keep these questions coming and feel free to write me at Gary.Carroll@scouting.org
To download a printable version of this list, please see the attached document.