Montgomery Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Needs YOU!
WHO: Venturers, Explorers, older Boy Scouts (age 14 minimum), and adults
WHEN: Saturday, December 7, 2013
7:45 a.m. until Noon
WHERE: Bethesda Fire Department
6600 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Please join Montgomery CERT for an exciting and fun day as a mock disaster victim—
· Help CERT volunteers practice their skills with a hands-on emergency exercise
· MCPS students can earn Student Service Learning (SSL) credit for participating
· Eligible Boy Scouts can fulfill Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge Requirement #7
After check-in, volunteers will receive a briefing on the emergency scenario. Then, they will be assigned roles and work with CERT moulage experts, who will create realistic-looking "injuries.” Volunteers are encouraged to use their prior knowledge of first aid to become realistic actors—demonstrating appropriate symptoms for their assigned "injuries.”
· Participation is limited to youth ages 14 or older and adults
· Come dressed in old clothes—fake blood stains are likely
· Wear protective footwear (e.g., hiking boots). No sandals or open-toed shoes.
· Dress appropriately for the weather—rain gear, layers, etc.
· You are welcome to bring a blanket or small ground cover to sit/lie on outside.
The scenario may require you to be "down” (even if the ground is wet/muddy)
· Bring a water bottle to keep hydrated and snacks, if you like
· Bring your signed Hold Harmless Agreement/Talent Release Form (attached to your
confirmation e-mail/admission ticket)
· Adult chaperones must remain with youth participants at all times.REGISTER BY DECEMBER 2, 2013—or call for late registration!
E-mail Mike Slingluff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 525-5328